Chelsea coach Frank Lampard admitted he was surprised by the qualities of midfielder Jorginho.
Lampard has insisted he will count on the midfielder this season and has revealed his leadership role within the squad.

"The only thing that has struck me for him to work in the last week is not just the quality of the ball since I saw him last year," Lampard said.

"We know everything about his comfort with the ball and bravery to get the ball in every corner of the field. It's not something normal to get the ball in tight areas and keep doing it all the time. "

"But his attitude to training was first-class. He is the leader of the training. "

"He runs, pushes people around him, pulls people away when they do not feel they're working as much as they can."

"I wanted to see this. So, regarding the first impressions, working with it for 10 days, I can not ask for it anymore. I'm glad I got it, "the Englishman said.