Dimitar Berbatov told Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku that he should stay at Manchester United.
Lukaku is thought to be dissatisfied with United's team and Inter coach Antonio Conte has confirmed his desire to transfer him to Italy.
But former United striker Berbatov believes that Lukaku will improve more as a player in United.
The former Bulgarian striker has spoken of the Sky Sports media, saying Belgian should refuse Inter's offers and stay at Old Trafford.
"I think I have to stay. I like it as a player. I do not accept the criticisms made to him. Maybe it's not working hard, but team-mates should help him. "
"I think Solskajer is good coach for him, because Lukak has to learn from coach Solskjaer, who has been a great striker," Berbatov said.
Otherwise, 38-year-old Berbatov spent four years at Old Trafford, scoring 56 goals in 149 appearances.